Gel.LUMINAX Gel Documentation System
Featuring a 24 megapixel coloured digital camera with a superfast autofocus lens inside a dust resistant enclosure, which can be controlled from a PC or a touchscreen. Live view images and capture times of less than a few seconds provides efficient imaging. Gel image acquisition and control software has full function control panel which allows user to adjust camera and lens settings like exposure time settings, focus and aperture (iris). Histogram display on the screen shows image saturation.
- Low Noise CMOS imaging sensor
- 8-bit and 14-bit options
- 24 megapixel camera
- Sharp Zoom lens
- Motorized auto-focus
- Motorized aperture setting
- Manual zoom range 3x
- Exposure from 0.00025s onwards
- Single/Dual 312nm/365nm/254nm UV
- RGB LEDs and convertor screens
- Operate camera via PC
- Timer for auto-off of UV
- Advanced Gel Analysis Software
The epoxy coated, chemical & corrosion resistant light-tight cabinet has filter holder (1, 3 or 7 filter holder), a UV safety switch and a roll-out transilluminator. The safety switch switches off UV lights as soon as the door is opened. Options for front viewing window with two side windows on the cabinet for excision of bands are also available.
- Standard lighting systems are UV transillumination in 302-312nm* and Epi-white light
- Gel filter illumination area is 20x20cm, with 21x26cm option for larger gels. For extra large gels, we also offer a 26x26cm filter.
- Gels up to a maximum of 26x26cm can be observed, captured and analysed
- Sample size area is 38x30cm
- We also offer UV transillumination in dual wavelength (312+365nm being most common)
- For rare applications UV transillumination in triple wavelength (254+312+365nm) can also be given
- Multi broad band wavelengths can also be offered 254nm, 312nm and 365nm UV trans lights
- Intensity control for low and high trans-illumination - low for preparative work and high for quantitative
- White light tables are optional to use gel doc for protein gels documentation
- For special stains, blue light tables can also be given
- Multi-wavelength epi-illumination LEDs are also available for Red, Green, Blue lights for special stains
* Please note that 300nm, 302nm, 306nm and 312nm are in the same range of wavelengths called UV-B (also known as mid-range). Some manufacturers quote 302nm but it is the same as 312nm..
Ultraviolet transillumination can be provided in 302-312nm, 365nm or 254nm individual ranges or as Dual or Triple options. Filter size of transilluminator is 20x20 cm, optionally 21x26cm can be provided too. Low & high intensity of 70% & 100% on the transilluminator provides an easy switch between preparative & final imaging. A timer is attached to the transilluminator, which auto switches off UV light in case the user forgets to turn it off. This increases the life of the UV lamps. Trans White & Trans Blue light tables are also available.
Epi-white light illumination through dual LED tubes from above is standard. Ultraviolet epi-illumination in a variety of wavelengths can also be provided. For specific stains, epi-light in blue, green or red LEDs can be provided. A combination of all these illumination modes in the same system can be provided.
- Standard is manual single position filter holder
- Advanced models with 3, 4 and 7-position manual and motorized filter holder are also available
- Orange 590 EtBr and clear are standard
- Orange 590: Ethidium Bromide (EtBr), SYPRO Ruby, ProQ Diamond, Deep Purple, etc
- Green 520: SYBR Green I, Green II, SYBR Gold, GFP, Fluorescein, FITC
- Orange 560: SYBR Safe, Rhodamine, Cy3, etc
- Red 630: SYPRO Red, Texas Red, etc
- Blue 480: Hoechst, Coumarin, etc
- Clear: Coomassie Blue, Silver etc
How the Gel Documentation & Imaging Analysis System works
A transilluminator is mounted on roll-out rails inside a light-tight cabinet. To place the gel, the door is opened and transilluminator pulled out. Push it in, close the door and switch on the UV light and camera. The camera is mounted on top of the cabinet along with zoom lens and wavelenght filter (nominally 590nm filter suitable for Ethidium Bromide EtBr gels is provided).
Connect the camera to the PC using the USB cable and gel capture software, to get a real-time live view image of the gel. Adjust camera settings (like shutter speed, aperture, focus) till the optimum image is obtained. Click your images and save them on the PC. A white light epi-illuminations source is also provided, that illuminates objects from top.
With the optional 1D gel analysis software, you can analyse the gels.
- Dark room cabinet with safety switch
- Roll out variable intensity 312nm transilluminator
- Epi-white light illumination
- 24 megapixel camera
- Gel capture software
- 590nm filter, suitable for EtBr stained gels
- Power cords, USB cable, instruction manual, warranty card